1.34.0 - Kubernetes 1.27 Support, Allocation State Filter to Stable, and all the Addresses for GameServers
This is the 1.34.0 release of Agones.
In this release, we’ve upgraded Kubernetes compatibility, graduated StateAllocationFilter to stable, and enhanced GameServers and GameServerAllocation address support.
Kubernetes Support: The latest update extends support to Kubernetes versions 1.25, 1.26, and 1.27, enhancing compatibility with current Kubernetes deployments.
Allocation State Filter is now Stable: The allocation state filter feature has been promoted to stable. It determines the specific state that should be filtered when trying to obtain a
GameServerthrough allocation. By default, this filter is set to
Ready, but it can also be set to Allocated. When the
Allocatedoption is selected, it can be combined with label or player selectors to access an already Allocated GameServer.
Custom Fleet Autoscaler Synchronization Interval is now Stable: The ability to specify the interval in which the Fleet autoscaler syncs its state and updates its backing Fleet has now also been moved to Stable.
GameServer Address Improvements: GamesServers and GameServerAllocation results now also return the full set of Address records that are attached to the node they came from. This can be useful for dual stack IPv4 and IPv6 nodes, nodes with hostnames and more.
Migrating to Distroless Image: We have migrated from Alpine as the base container image for Agones to Distroless making managing consistent updates to the base image easier for the Agones team.
Check the README for details on features, installation and usage.
- Graduate CustomFasSyncInterval To Stable by @Kalaiselvi84 in https://github.com/googleforgames/agones/pull/3235
- Alpine ➡️ Distroless as Agones base image by @markmandel in https://github.com/googleforgames/agones/pull/3270
- Adds Counts and Lists AutoScale Policies by @igooch in https://github.com/googleforgames/agones/pull/3211
- More Local Dev Server Support by @CauhxMilloy in https://github.com/googleforgames/agones/pull/3252
- GameServerAllocation to sort Priorities by Allocated Capacity by @igooch in https://github.com/googleforgames/agones/pull/3282
- Add Node.Status.Address to GameServer.Status in CRD and SDK by @zmerlynn in https://github.com/googleforgames/agones/pull/3299
- Add GameServer addresses to the allocation APIs by @zmerlynn in https://github.com/googleforgames/agones/pull/3307
- Cloud Build Script for supertuxkart by @Kalaiselvi84 in https://github.com/googleforgames/agones/pull/3291
- Add “Choosing a GCP network” to GKE Cluster Creation by @zmerlynn in https://github.com/googleforgames/agones/pull/3311
- Cloud Build script for crd-client by @Kalaiselvi84 in https://github.com/googleforgames/agones/pull/3290
- Cloud build script for rust-simple by @Kalaiselvi84 in https://github.com/googleforgames/agones/pull/3313
- Cloudbuild script for autoscaler-webhook by @Kalaiselvi84 in https://github.com/googleforgames/agones/pull/3298
- update xonotic example to 0.8.6 by @ashutosji in https://github.com/googleforgames/agones/pull/3273
- Cloud Build script for allocation-endpoint by @Kalaiselvi84 in https://github.com/googleforgames/agones/pull/3289
- Cloud build script for nodejs-simple by @Kalaiselvi84 in https://github.com/googleforgames/agones/pull/3312
- Cloud build script for Xonotic image by @Kalaiselvi84 in https://github.com/googleforgames/agones/pull/3317
- Graduate StateAllocationFilter to Stable by @Kalaiselvi84 in https://github.com/googleforgames/agones/pull/3308
- Sort by Priority for strategy Distributed by @igooch in https://github.com/googleforgames/agones/pull/3296
- Build Script for cpp-simple by @Kalaiselvi84 in https://github.com/googleforgames/agones/pull/3320
See CHANGELOG for more details on changes.
Images available with this release:
Helm chart available with this release:
Make sure to add our stable helm repository using
helm repo add agones https://agones.dev/chart/stable